LGBTQ+ Resources for GI Physicians
The American College of Gastroenterology proudly supports LGBTQ+ physicians and patients and strives to provide education for GI trainees and physicians to create an environment of allyship and promote the highest quality care for LGBTQ+ patients. Explore these resources to gain a greater understanding of how you can help advance the GI field through inclusivity.
ACG Podcast — Speaking Out: Inclusion and Challenges for LGBTQ+ in GI
On behalf of the ACG Women in GI Committee, Judy A. Trieu, MD, MPH, speaks with Nikki Duong, MD; Kira Newman, MD, PhD; and Douglas Simonetto, MD, about their experiences as LGBTQ+ physicians and how the GI community can create a culture of allyship for colleagues and patients.
Articles from The American Journal of Gastroenterology
- Digestive Health in Sexual and Gender Minority Populations
Vélez, et al.
- On a Need to Know Basis: Being “Out” in Medical Training
Nikki Duong, MD & Jasmine Barrow, MD
- Overcoming the Challenges and Mitigating the Disparities in Our LGBTQI+ Patients
Sonali Paul, MD, MS
ACG Virtual Grand Rounds — Overcoming the Challenges & Mitigating the Disparities in Our LGBTQI+ Patients: A Digestive Diseases Health Perspective – Sonali Paul, MD, MS
Healio Gastroenterology: LGBTQ+ mentorship key to help medical trainees be comfortably ‘out,’ GI fellow says
ACG MAGAZINE | Summer 2022 — Speaking Out: Inclusion and Challenges for LGBTQ+ in Gastroenterology
ACG Women in GI Twitter Chat – Read the Conversation from June 8, 2022
- National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center (a program of the Fenway Health Institute)
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
- Reports from the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine:
- CDC — Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention — LGBTQ Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
- National LGBT Cancer Network