What is a SCOPY Award?
Playing on the importance of colonoscopy in colorectal cancer screening and prevention – SCOPY is ACG’s new
Service Award for
Because every month should be colorectal cancer awareness month!
The College is excited to announce this new tactic for March Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month aimed at empowering ACG members to showcase their best efforts in raising awareness for colorectal cancer screening and prevention in their communities.
ACG is calling for submissions of original CRC Awareness educational tools and programs including videos, photos and descriptions of events hosted by members; and other tactics such as infographics, flyers, workshops, screening programs, op-eds submitted to local newspapers; TV appearances or events like 5Ks. Any CRC-related events, materials and outreach efforts sponsored, implemented or created between January 1, 2014 and May 31, 2015 are eligible for consideration.
If you’ve taken action in your community to raise Colorectal Cancer Awareness—ACG wants to see how!
Suggested topics include, but not limited to:
- General CRC Screening Call–to-Action
- Colorectal Cancer Informational posters, flyers, brochures
- Young Onset CRC
- Family History/Lynch Syndrome
- Colonoscopy Prep
- Survivor stories
SCOPY Awards will be given to videos in categories such as (this is just a sampling, other categories will be considered):
- Most Humorous
- Best Instructional/Educational Video
- Best Video by a GI Fellow in Training
- Best Video by a GI Clinic or Hospital
- Best Video by an Endocenter
- Best Spanish Language Video
- Best Video Featuring a Polyp
SCOPY Awards (a special plaque and certificate) will be given to the best videos and other awareness materials (such as infographics, community events, photos, etc.) All SCOPY Award winners will be invited to walk the Blue Carpet and attend a special awards reception at ACG 2015 in Hawaii.
- Scientific accuracy
- Potential public health impact
- Educational value
- Number of online Views
- Submissions open from March 1, 2015 through May 31, 2015
- Submissions must be sponsored, implemented or created between January 1, 2014 and May 31, 2015.
- Need signed releases for everyone in video or photo (download here)
- Videos should be 2 minutes or less
- No trademark/copyright infringements – including the use of copyrighted music
- No profanity/no nudity
- All materials must be emailed to email@example.com Videos and other large files must be uploaded to Dropbox and shared with Jacqueline Gaulin firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jordan J. Karlitz, MD, FACG , ACG Public Relations Committee, Chair
- Patricia Raymond, MD, FACG, ACG Women in GI/Public Relations Committees
- Joyann Kroser, MD, FACG, ACG Patient Care Committee, Chair
- John D. Wysocki, MD, GI Fellow, Tulane
- Jacqueline Gaulin, ACG Director of Communications & Digital Engagement
- Anne-Louise Oliphant, ACG Vice President of Research & Communications
The College challenges all of you to rally your office staff, colleagues, fellows, and your most creative ideas in support of ACG’s new effort – The SCOPY Awards.
Thank you in advance for your support!